- Use with Optoma 3D-XL for 3D Bluray, 3D Games & 3D TV eg. Sky 3D
- Massive Immersive 3D on your HD65, HD700x or GT7000 DLP Projector
- Free download for all existing customers!
- Silky smooth movie and gaming motion - 1080p24 & 720p120
Attention Optoma Projector Owners!
If you already own an HD65, HD700x or GT7000 DLP projector... Prepare yourself for life-size 3D games, movies and sport.
Optoma is now offering the chance to upgrade your existing projector to be 3D-XL ready, giving it a completely new lease of life.
...and what's more this truly awesome upgrade is available absolutely free of charge!
Click the "Dowload 3D Upgrade" button above to get started...
|Step 1 - How to Install the Upgrade Software|
The installation must be done using a PC with USB port running Microsoft Windows XP or Vista (Windows 7 is not supported). Please note that the appearance of the installation may vary slightly depending on your version of windows. You will also need a standard “USB A-B” cable to connect your projector to your PC.
Please be aware that the download above includes two versions of the installer; a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. You must use the correct installation for your version of Windows. To find out whether you are running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of windows please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
For screenshots of the installation/upgrade process, please click here.
Before running the upgrade program, you must install the USB driver.
- Open “HD65 3D Upgrade.zip” from your chosen download folder and copy the “3D Upgrade” folder to your desktop.
- Open the “3D Upgrade” folder and select 32-bit or 64-bit (see link above regarding Windows versions)
- Double click “Setup.exe” If windows asks if you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click “Yes”
- Click “Next”, “Next” and “Next” – the default values are suitable for most setups.
- Click “Close” to exit the software installation.
(To uninstall the upgrade software run “setup.exe” again and select “Remove”)
- Click on “Start”, (All programs) “Flasher 1.1” and select “install_driver.exe”. If windows asks if you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click “Yes”
- A DOS box will appear while the driver installs – it will close automatically.
- If a dialogue box appears saying that the driver is not signed by Microsoft, click “Continue”
|Step 2 - How to Upgrade Your Projector|
Please ensure you have first installed the upgrade software as detailed in the previous section before attempting the upgrade.
- Hold down the “Menu” button on your projector then plug in the power cord.
- Once the lamp and temp LED light up, release the “Menu” button.
Plug in USB (A-B) cable into the projector’s “Service” port and to the USB port of your PC.
If a balloon appears near the system tray saying “installing device driver software” wait until it says “your device is now installed and ready to use” before continuing.
*Hint - Due to the varied implementation of USB on different PCs the USB device driver may not be found automatically. If your device driver is not found, please repeat items 6-8 in the previous section, ("How to install the upgrade software") while ensuring the USB cable is still connected and the lamp and temp LED are still lit.
- Click "Start" (All programs), "Flasher 1.1 - 32bit" and select "Flasher.exe" to launch the Upgrade software.
- The “USB connection status” should say “Connected” (If it says “Disconnected” exit the software and go back to step 1 above to check the connectivity. If this does not work, try re-installing the software and USB driver)
- Click the “Browse” button to search for the Firmware image file.
- Choose the image file called “HD65_HD700X_GT7000 3D FW vXXX(YYYY-DD-MM).img” from the “3D Upgrade” folder (On your desktop) and click “Open”
Click the “Download” button, then select “Yes” to start the upgrade – It will remove the old firmware, then upload the new firmware. The whole process will take a few minutes to complete.
NB: DO NOT UNPLUG THE USB OR POWER CABLE DURING THE UPGRADE - OPTOMA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGED CAUSED BY DOING SO.
- When the upgrade is complete, a dialogue box will appear to confirm the upgrade was successful. Click “OK” then unplug the USB and Power cables.
- Your projector is now 3D-XL ready for fully immersive, huge-screen 3D at home! During 3D playback press “re-sync” on your projector remote control / keypad to Optimise your 3D viewing experience.
|Step 3 - Using the 3D feature|
Once you have successfully upgraded your HD65, HD700x or GT7000…It will be ideally partnered with the world’s first 3D projector adapter; the Optoma 3D-XL. Enabling it to display 3D broadcast signals; Sky 3D in the UK, Blu-ray 3D™ and 3D games from the Sony® PS3. The 3D-XL is what you need to be…fully 3D Ready!
The 3D features of Optoma projectors can only be used with compatible 3D content. Typical applications include use with 3D educational or 3D design and modelling systems. Support for 3D TV broadcast systems, (SKY in the UK) 3D games from a PS3™ and Blu-ray 3D™ will require the Optoma 3D-XL that is available separately
Confused? Read our 3D FAQ
|Native Resolution||720p 1280 x 720
|Brightness - BRIGHT mode1||1600 ANSI Lumens
|3D Support||120Hz frame sequential 3D for resolutions up to 720p.
60Hz field sequential 3D for resolutions up to 480i
|3D Viewing||Requires Optoma DLP® LinkTM active shutter glasses – sold separately
|3D Compatibility||The 3D features of your projector after the upgrade can only be used with compatible 3D content and do not natively support 3D TV broadcast systems, including the 3D SKY service in the UK, or 3D Blu-ray. Support for these applicationswill require the Optoma 3D-XL 3D Projector adapter which is available seperately.
1Brightness and lifetime will vary depending on selected projector mode, environmental conditions and usage. As is common with all projectors, brightness will decrease over the lifetime
2Typical lamp life achieved through testing. Will vary according to operational use and environmental conditions
|HD65 3D Upgrade Downloads|
Sort reviews by:
Do you own the HD65 3D UPGRADE? Write a review and let everyone know about your experience.
Write a review
Thank you for the upgrade, it was a superb addition to the HD65 projector for my 3D games, movies etc.
I know it was a long time in the making, but after smoothing out the few glitches first time round, in my opinion you got it just right at last.
A Huge Optoma HD65 fan
Effina Driss, Rabat morroco