Vacancy: Global People Partner - Hybrid Working 50% in Hemel Hempstead Head Office (HP1 2UJ) and 50% Remote
Posted on 06/02/2024
See all our current vacancies
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
A passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma products captivate, inspire and connect people for a better experience.
The Optoma Group has regional global headquarters in the UK with offices in Europe, the USA, and Asia Pacific, with well-established channels across three continents, providing reliable and innovative visual solutions for customers and partners worldwide.
We bring people together through captivating visual experiences, serving customers who demand seamless, innovative technology to tell their stories. We make our customers’ dreams possible.
As a global leader in large display technologies, Optoma combines cutting-edge design and engineering to deliver visual display solutions from the home to the office, classroom and commercial spaces.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 30 days holiday per year - subject to service requirements.
We are looking for a Global People Partner to work within a strong team with an ambitious yet doable strategy which will define Optoma in the years to come. This role will report to the Senior Global People Partner.
The role will be a blend of projects and operational requirements with a focus on Learning and Development. This role will evolve considerably as the people function transforms, with new systems and modernised processes. A hands-on approach in the design and delivery of a learning and development (L&D) syllabus will be a key feature of this role. This will include, identifying L&D needs, defining objectives, structuring the curriculum, arranging appropriate learning methods for the audience and assessing feedback. You will also report and consider continuous improvement.
Whilst supporting the strategic transformation, this role will also need to work with and support the regional teams operationally as needs arise, to ensure we are legally compliant, and have accurate data. These will be a necessary strong foundation upon which the future people plan will be based upon.
What you will need to be successful?
- Experience of shaping and driving a people agenda that supports business growth while embracing company values and culture.
- Experience in the leading or facilitation of initiatives such as engagement, performance management, change management, learning and development for employees and management level, as well as diversity and inclusion initiatives.
What we are looking for?
- Strong analytical skills, capable of extracting insights from people data using spreadsheets.
- The ability to assess training and facilitation needs, conduct tailored sessions, and communicate effectively.
- Support the rollout and implementation of the people strategy, programs and processes, whether through collaboration or through personal delivery.
- Working closely with stakeholders (Global Head of People and Culture, Senior Global People Partner, regionally based employees/HR teams and international colleagues) to keep the right focus on areas such as performance management, talent acquisition, career development, diversity and compensation/rewards.
- Implement, review and analyse business metrics and use data to identify problems within teams (e.g. engagement survey, performance or attrition metrics) before they emerge, working with stakeholders to implement solutions + measure their impact.
- Coordinate and ensure alignment of all global people initiatives in collaboration with regional teams.
- With the Senior Global People Partner, consider business priorities and needs; you’ll anticipate the needs of your stakeholders, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- Foster diversity, equity and inclusion - helping to build community, cohesion and a sense of belonging around shared values, and ensuring an inclusive workforce where everyone feels valued and respected.
- Ensure you have your finger on the pulse of the business and global people trends and feed into the people strategy as appropriate.
- Support on any other people team work streams and ad hoc projects as needed.
You will be an enthusiastic HR advisor/HR Manager/People Partner who is data driven, highly organised and adept at managing multiple priorities. You will be excited at the proposition of making a difference for Optoma in this newly created role with the opportunity to make it your own and grow with it as the people function continues its transformation.
You will enjoy the variety that generalist roles present and are comfortable switching between tasks and projects whilst keeping an eye on details, deadlines and the bigger picture.
Key Skills & Experience:
- You will be data driven, always starting with data, facts and insights to help inform your approach to solving problems and analysing needs. You have a high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and can use data to provide insights, inform decisions and visualise it to influence others through storytelling.
- You will have developed a broad range of expertise and skills, so no matter the challenge (benchmarking, skills gap, employee relations, training, etc.) you can contribute ideas, solutions, and where appropriate own initiatives.
- You will have worked across multiple regions previously and be experienced supporting senior leaders and employees split across geographies and time zones adapting to different cultures and backgrounds in order to ensure successful outcomes for all.
- You will have experience of managing projects and have the ability to work on various projects simultaneously, managing conflicting priorities and different stakeholders.
- You will be strongly solutions focused, able to identify problems and drive initiatives that have a measurable impact.
- You will be passionate about D&I as well as company culture, and have experience of implementing initiatives to improve both.
- You will have exceptional communication skills, able to understand diverse perspectives and vary your communication style based on the circumstance.
- You will be able to demonstrate a continued commitment to learning, ensuring you are up to date with employment law, market norms, best practice and the latest trends.
- Global experience and expertise across multiple regions (e.g. Americas, EMEA, APAC, etc.).
- Experience auditing HR practices and processes, and setting improvement strategies accordingly.
- Systems implementation experience, from sourcing to successful implementation and ongoing embedding and improvement.
- Experience of merging disparate styles, practices and cultures (whether merging functions, adding new regions, or merging companies) to create a combined collaborative and successful team.
- CIPD qualification
- Fluent in a second language – ideally Mandarin.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting diversity and ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated with respect, dignity and fairness. We welcome applications from all and as such if you require any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process, please inform us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.