Vacancy: HR Manager - EMEA - Hybrid Working 50% in Hemel Hempstead Head Office (HP1 2UJ) and 50% Remote
Posted on 06/02/2024
See all our current vacancies
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
A passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma products captivate, inspire and connect people for a better experience.
The Optoma Group has regional headquarters in Europe, the USA, and the Asia Pacific with well-established channels across three continents, providing reliable and innovative visual solutions for customers and partners worldwide.
We bring people together through captivating visual experiences, serving customers who demand seamless, innovative technology to tell their stories. We make our customers’ dreams possible.
As a global leader in large display technologies, Optoma combines cutting-edge design and engineering to deliver visual display solutions from the home to the office, classroom, and commercial spaces.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 30 days holiday per year - subject to service requirements.
We are looking for a HR Manager with a wealth of experience and a unique blend of operational process and strategic insight across EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa). This role will report to the Global Head of People and Culture, with dotted line to the EMEA MD, and will work closely with the Global HR team and EMEA leadership. Leading a team of two who support generalist HR activities, there will also be oversight of Payroll and Facilities activities.
The role will be a blend of projects and operational requirements with a focus on organisational development across all the EMEA locations of business – Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE and the UK.
Working with a committed leadership and management team with a headcount of circa 125 across EMEA, there are development areas at varying levels which will require your attention.
What you will need to be successful?
- Experience of leading organisational development while embracing company values and culture.
- The ability to multi-task and delegate the operational day to day and project work for you and your team.
- Experience fostering connections with stakeholders across every level in various geographical locations.
What we are looking for?
- An individual who is willing to actively engage with direct involvement in both operational and strategic goals.
- Leadership through cross cultural competence.
- Existing knowledge on European HR best practice with the ability to dive in to the detail to ensure understanding, whilst still able to act strategically in order to develop others, and to propose and implement the right solutions for Optoma.
- Develop and implement HR strategies to support the growth and development of HR operations in Optoma’s European countries without an onsite HR presence.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to understand local business needs and ensure effective HR support.
- Provide leadership in talent acquisition, employee relations, and performance management across the EMEA region.
- Collaborate with local teams to ensure alignment with global HR policies while considering regional nuances.
- Drive initiatives for employee engagement, professional development, and diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure compliance with regional employment law and regulations, and advise and make recommendations based on market norms and best practice across the various territories.
- Implement effective communication channels to foster a positive work culture and employee experience.
- Partner with leadership to address organisational challenges and drive positive change.
- Regular travel to support and collaborate across our EMEA regional locations.
You will be a perceptive problem solver working as a HR Advisor/HR Manager/People Partner who is highly organised and adept at managing multiple priorities across a region with varied demands.
You will be excellent at giving instructions and guidance as a line manager and you will be use to working with a wide range of stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
Key Skills & Experience:
- You will have strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and inspire the members of your team and key stakeholder, driving towards operational excellence and alignment.
- You will have the skills to develop and implement HR strategies that contribute to the overall success and growth of the organisation.
- You will have strong communication skills are key to convey HR policies, strategies, and changes clearly to employees and leadership.
- You will have experience in making sound judgment to problem-solve and make decisions quickly that impact both day-to-day operations and long-term HR strategies.
- You will have experience in working collaboratively across teams to update on changing organisational needs, industry trends, and evolving HR practices.
- You will have the experience in managing employee relations effectively including complex cases across multiple EMEA countries.
- You will have the skills to analyse HR metrics and data to inform operational and strategic decision-making to continuously improve HR processes.
- You will have the resources for continuous personal development by keeping up-to-date with employment law and regulations from across EMEA to ensure compliance and mitigate legal risks.
- Previously held similar positions of seniority, able to establish creditability and authority.
- Supporting a multi-national company
- Experience implementing HR software, HRIS or HRMS
- CIPD or equivalent HR or Operational qualification.
- Additional language skills.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting diversity and ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated with respect, dignity and fairness. We welcome applications from all and as such if you require any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process, please inform us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.