Optoma 5 Year Limited ProAV Projector Warranty
This document details the terms and conditions for the Optoma 5 year limited ProAV Projector warranty purchased for an Optoma projector.
Optoma Europe Ltd and affiliated companies (collectively referred to as "Optoma") provides this Projector Warranty to you being the purchaser of an Optoma 5 year limited Warranty ("Warranty") to cover an Optoma branded Projector Product (“Projector”). User replaceable lamps are excluded from this Warranty.
A list of Projector models to which this Warranty can be applied is available on the warranty page in the Support section of the Optoma website: www.optoma.eu.
Please note that the Projectors are designed to have a life of more than 5 years provided that the Projector is operated in accordance with the instructions in the User Manual.
This Warranty applies to you being the purchaser or end-user of the Projector.
Optoma warrants to you that if during the first five years from the date of purchase or 12,000 operational hours of the Projector, whichever comes first (“Warranty Period”) the Projector or lamp does not comply with the Warranty, Optoma or an Optoma authorised service company will, in a commercially reasonable time, remedy defects in materials, design and workmanship free of charge by repairing or, should Optoma in its discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Projector in accordance with this Projector Warranty (unless otherwise required by law). This Projector Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased both the Projector Warranty and the Projector provided that Optoma has intended the Projector Warranty is for sale in that country and applies only to the Projector Warranty distributed by Optoma or its authorised dealers. Optoma will process each valid claim as soon as practicable within the constraints of their operational procedures. Optoma shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss, financial, direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, howsoever caused due to any delay whatsoever in the supply of a refurbished or replacement projector under this Warranty.
The Warranty must be purchased within 1 month (30 days) from the Projector purchase date. The Warranty Period starts at the time of the Projector’s original purchase by the first end-user.
This Warranty extends any projector warranty terms or warranty period in the Optoma EMEA limited warranty document applicable to the original Projector product.
The Warranty period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to:
- Subsequent resale; or
- Optoma authorised repair; or
- Optoma authorised replacement of the Projector
Product failure within 14 days
Should your Optoma Product(s) fail due to a manufacturing fault within 14 daysfrom the date of purchase, please immediately return the unit to the point of purchase for replacement with a new unit. This is to protect your consumer rights.
It is your responsibility to return the unit in its original “new” condition, with no cosmetic marking or damage and with all packaging and all accessories included.
Should you prefer a warranty repair, please follow the warranty procedure mentioned below.
Activating the Projector Warranty
This Warranty must be activated to be valid. Purchasing the Projector Warranty does not automatically activate the Projector Warranty; activation is a separate process. To activate the warranty you will need to visit the Warranty page on the Support area of the Optoma website. www.optoma.eu
How to get warranty service
The Warranty service is subject to you notifying an Optoma authorised service company of complaint within one (1) month of it having come to your attention and in any event no later than before the expiry of the Warranty Period. To notify an Optoma authorised service company use the contact details for the Optoma Service Centres as listed on the Support section of the Optoma website: www.optoma.eu.
When making a claim under this Warranty you will be required to provide:
- The Projector
- The original proof of purchase of the Warranty and the Projector, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the product type and the serial number of both the Warranty and the Projector.
If Optoma deems warranty service of the Projector is required, Optoma will issue a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) number and provide an RMA form. You must submit this form, adequately completed, to an authorised Optoma Service Centre. Authorised Optoma Service Centres are listed on the Support area of the Optoma website: www.optoma.eu
You must ship the Projector back to Optoma in the original or equivalent packaging, prepay shipping charges (unless you are advised otherwise) and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment. On receipt, Optoma will test the Projector and if it is deemed to be faulty will repair or replace the Projector. Optoma will dispose of the defective Projector parts or if a replacement is made, the complete Projector in an environmentally friendly manner and will ship the refurbished or replacement Projector to you freight prepaid.
What is not covered?
- Projectors and products that are not genuine Optoma products.
- This Warranty does not cover a) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by bending, striking compressing or dropping, etc.), or b) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Projector, including use that is contrary to the user manual instructions provided by Optoma.
- This Warranty is invalid if the either Projector have been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an Optoma authorised service centre, if it is repaired using unauthorised spare parts or if the Projector serial number or date code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered, modified or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of Optoma.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Projector has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Projector is operated in an excessively dirty or dusty environment or if it has not been regularly maintained to keep the air intakes free of obstruction
- This Warranty is invalid if the Projector is shut down incorrectly thereby not allowing the Projector to be shut down in a predetermined, controlled manner. Some Projector models that support a feature called “Direct power off” are excluded from this clause. Projector models to which this applies are identified in the product specifications.
- This Warranty is invalid if damage was caused by negligence or failing to carry out appropriate maintenance by the buyer, his customer, the end user, or in case of an act of God, natural occurrences or during transport.
- Installing a non “Optoma genuine lamp module” in an Optoma Projector may invalidate this Warranty. Repairs resulting from damage done by a copy or counterfeit lamp module will not be covered under your Optoma warranty
Other important notices
Please remember to make back-up copies or keep written records of all important content and data stored in your Product, because content and data may be lost during repair or replacement of the Product. Optoma, in a manner consistent with the provisions of the section entitled "Limitation of Optoma's Liability" below, shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any damages or losses of any kind whatsoever resulting from loss of, damage to, or corruption of, content or data during repair or replacement of the Product.
All parts of the Projector or other equipment that Optoma has replaced shall become the property of Optoma. If the Projector is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Warranty, Optoma and its authorised service companies reserve the right to charge a handling fee.
Statutory Rights - Optoma makes no other projector warranty, guarantee or like statement other than as explicitly stated above and this Warranty is given in place of all other projector warranties whatsoever, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In the absence of applicable legislation, this Warranty will be the end user’s sole and exclusive remedy against Optoma and Optoma shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any other direct, indirect, financial or consequential loss arising from negligence, breach of contract, or howsoever.
This Warranty does not impair or affect mandatory statutory rights of the end user against and/or any rights resulting from other contracts concluded by the end user with Optoma and/or any other seller.
Optoma is not responsible or liable for any technical, projector, software, server, website or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from, or otherwise obstructs in, participating in the Warranty.
Optoma shall at all times adhere to the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation when processing any personal data received pursuant to this Warranty. Please note that during the electronic registration you will be asked for permission for your data to be used by Optoma for marketing purposes.
Optoma reserves the right to audit all claims to ensure that these terms and conditions have been met and to request additional information or supporting documents regarding any claims.
Optoma reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to determine the validity of any Warranty claim. Optoma’s decision will be final.
Optoma will not provide warranty repair for Product outside its warranty period. However, Product requiring repair that is outside the Warranty Period can be repaired by an Optoma authorised service centre. This work will be chargeable.
Limitation of Liability - It is understood and agreed that Optoma’s liability whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchase price paid by the end-user and under no circumstances shall Optoma be liable for special, indirect, direct, financial incidental or consequential damages or lost profits, lost revenues or lost savings. The price stated for the products is a consideration in limiting Optoma’s liability.
Transfer of Warranty - Should a Projector with this Warranty be sold on by the original owner, the balance of the Warranty may be transferred to the new user provided that the original purchase documents are transferred to the new user also. This is necessary to show that the Projector is within its Projector Warranty Period.